Wednesday 19 September 2007

Argentina!... the streets are paved with steak and wine.

Greetings to everyone...
Well I had heard the rumours about Argentina - the lush steak and red wine - let me tell you, the rumours are true. I have been in Argentina for 10 days now and I have to admit I have eaten steak on nine occasions, yes its that good. I swear it's a good 2 inches thick and it melts in the mouth. The wine is also amazing and so cheap, put the two together and let the good times roll. I really should have a night off the steak, especially as I am getting heartburn, but as they say no pain no gain. By the time I get back I will have a big belly and a nose like Alex Ferguson!
My first stop in Argentina was Salta which was a really nice city with good colonial buildings. The weather was lush, great walking around in shorts and t-shirt in the day and even comfortable in a t-shirt at night. What's great about Argentina is European standards and cheap prices. There are outside cafes and bars where you can chill and watch the world (well, beautiful women) go by. This is probably why I stayed in Salta for 8 days plus the hostel I stayed at there were people to party with. I did manage to do a couple of excursions though to the surrounding area. The scenery was again very good with a lot of different coloured mountains and gorges plus some more salt flats. So as you can imagine the camera finger was clicking. It killed me getting up at 6 in the morning after a belly full of steak, wine, beer and a late night. Christ I must be getting too old for it! I was getting a rollicking off the tour guide as I was falling asleep during the tour, mind you she was boring me to death bless her. I nearly told her leave me alone I am only here for the scenery and the photos, I ain't bothered what the are plants called.
At the moment I am in Cordoba, a city south east of Salta and let me tell you it's a big 'un. I have spent the day mainly getting lost its that big. Plenty of steak houses though. There is supposed to be some nice scenery again in the surrounding area so I shall check that out in the next couple of days. Next stop - I will head west to Mendoza which is said to be big mountain country and I do like me mountains!
So long for now.....the bear

3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Steve, I have been wondering whether you have arrived in Argentina, sounds alright keeping on about win, women and steak, We are going to THe Ash tonight Lyn and I as Jordan is going to his friend,s for tea. I have done quite a bit of looking at Argentina and I must say it looks lovely, I bet you are enjoying, was that "finger" on your photograph your clicking finger, I bet it was. Have you taken photographs of the nice women there, hope you have, The weather sounds nice there Steve, bet you are enjoying nice cold beers as well as the wine, you will make everyone jealous with your wine women and big thick steaks, are they as good as what your Mum cooks, she is busy making damson jam, all right you having steaks and us eating damson jam, the weather is going much cooler here, you seem to cover a lot of ground in a short time, I always check on where you are going before you go, dont know what I would do without you your site, and you do some brilliant posts as well as lovely photographs,you really are talented Steve and you are enjoying yourself that is the main thing, are you going horse riding there, it really looks a nice place from my preview, I feel as though I am back at school doing my geography, I havent seen your Mum yet today but I bet she will be back soon, I check your site every morning and night so this has come on since this morning, keep it up Steve and take care, and enjoy yourself and get eating as much steak as you can lad, they have got foot and mouth disease over here so we could do with some good beef, I will sign off now then All the Best The Trio at the Mad House, look forward to your next post and photographs and stop holding that finger like that, its a good photograph. Cheers Mate

coops said...

Hey up big 'un!
Hope your well. I'm not giving it the big green eyed monster at all - I've always wanted to go to Argentina - ****ard!
Although looking at the 'live weather feed' (for those who haven't noticed - scroll down the page) it's a bit cooler down there than up near the equator.
Do you think you'll leave? 'Av a careful think 'bout this one - 1.cheap red wine 2.good steak (carnivore heaven - I've heard about you in Kenya!) 3.dem women!
Write more tomorrow - until then...
Ciao for now

Anonymous said...

Comos esta steve attenborough,thats enough of the spanish lingo Howat mate (thats more like it)Well impressed with the latest photos looks like you saw loads of wildlife .Christ i would be a nervous wreck in the jungle with those bloody spiders darting about.I see you have swapped your pizza habit in peru to the good old Steak sod the waistline mate enjoy!George.