Friday 29 June 2007

Here Cometh The Mighty George!

Time for me to send another message to everyone even though nothing much to tell since the Galapagos Islands. I stopped off on my way south to Peru in Cuenca which was a nice colonial city with nice bars and cafes. First thing I did was to book myself into a half descent hotel with plenty of room, a nice big bed and red hot shower. After the boat experience it was not difficult, anything bigger than an average wardrobe would be luxury! I did one more stop in Ecuador which was in Vilacabamba a very quiet small town in the mountains. The scenery surrounding Vilacabamba was again lush - a great place to really relax. Another good spot for good value accommodation and food.
So now I am in Peru in the northern mountains at a city called Cajamarca - which is the best city from a not so good bunch.
First city I stopped at was Piura a small boring city with nowt to do so I headed to Trillio which was a large boring city. Got Trillio on Tuesday afternoon and left Wednesday morning. One good thing about Trillio is the one good coffee shop I have found so far in Peru. I'm sorry but there is no excuse for shit coffee. Peru's idea of coffee is a cup of hot water with brown grit in it. Dreadful!!!
Cajamarca is a nice spot actually. It has a great view point overlooking the city and surrounding mountains. The valleys and mountains on view from the bus ride from Trillio were awesome and its a nice change to see mountains with cloudless skies. - Good photos. I am just wasting some time here now ready for my 14 hour night bus to Lima, oh joy! Then I am in prime position to meet the Mighty George on Saturday night. Looking forward to seeing my buddy and having some laughs which will be making their way on this blog so keep em peeled. Time to go and prepare for this bus journey mind you it's nowt compared to the journey my mate will be doing from the Red Cow Werrington.
By the way anyone reading the blog feel free to post a comment it would be great to get some input from all you truckers out there!
So long for now...the bear

4 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Hiya Its Jordan Just Leaving A Comment To Say That It Sounds Like Your Having A Brill Time And Nan Has Read Your Blog And Says Hi So Does Every One Else Have Fun ...Byeee xx

coops said...

Hi mate...
looking forward to your next post.
Say a big hey-up to George for me. Hope he had a good flight. Not had any photos from Marge & Ken yet. Will upload as soon as I get em.
Are you & George doing the Inca Trail thang? Should be some corkin' photos from there - enjoy.
You two keep outta trouble now!

Anonymous said...

Hi Steve just a few lines to let you know how much I am enjoying your letters and brilliant photographs, we are following you on your travels, I find it very interesting and will keep reading, looking forward to the next one now that "The Mighty George" has joined you, hope you get this e-mail, Take Care and keep up the good work, Janet, Lyn and Jordan.

coops said...

How goes it kid?
Just been doing a bit of updating (not had time for a while) & did a Google Blog Search, your blog came up on page 6. Not fantastic, I know but, it's getting there.
Spoke to Marge & Ken last night - I hear the laptop's playing up. I'll be in Stoke towards the end of the month so I'll 'av a fisherman's while I'm there.
Janet has been in touch, she tells me you've got readers in Canada & Australia - oooooo, aren't you popular!
Not sure whether The Mighty G is still with you, but if he is ask him to give me a shout when he gets back to Blighty.
Hope to hear from ya soon
Take it easy...